Smart City Kids is the leading educational consulting firm in New York City. We have supported families in identifying the best educational options for their children for the past 20 years. We were the first consulting firm stationed in New York to provide Nursery -12th grade admissions for public and private school applicants.
We are the organization that schools, non-profits, corporations, and agencies that serve children and families go to for in-depth advice and customized insights into the complicated and competitive process of admissions. With a deep understanding the New York City Admissions landscape, we are uniquely positioned to provide schools and non-profits with a range of consulting services:
- Support schools with exissions placement
- Assist in managing the communication during this pivotal transition in leadership.
- Help schools manage transitions in leadership and the communication with parents during these pivotal times.
- Provide schools with an understanding of the marketplace, identify and customize their vision to provide a competitive advantage, evaluate and strengthen their marketing materials and restructure their admissions process in order to represent their vision to the unique NYC audience.
- Support schools through crisis management for their internal and external audiences and manage communications issues.
- Assist in the hiring process for key administrative positions. We specialize in supporting nursery schools find the best director for their program.
Our services are flexible, and we will gladly customize a package for your institution’s particular needs. Our work together may range from extensive, on-hand support with weekly meetings or more specific arrangements that focus exclusively on the area of focus.
One example of our most recent work was with The Mandell School. In 2016-2017, The Mandell School, which had been in existence for over 70 years, was closing its doors and hired Smart City Kids to successfully place 150 of their students across 115 schools. This required top level interaction with both Admissions Directors as well as Heads of Schools throughout New York City to secure both spaces as well as financial aid wherever needed and expand the spaces necessary for such a unique and unusual need.